I’ve been keeping an eye on Latest In Beauty for a while. I’m sick of most beauty box subscription boxes, as I feel like most of them are repetitive and aren’t really worth the money. I’ve grown to know that it’s better to buy a product I really want than to receive a box of minis and samples that I don’t even like, that were chosen by somebody else.
Latest in Beauty gives you the choice of what you receive in your beauty box and often includes full size products in the selection.
I haven’t yet committed to a subscription, but one of their curated collection boxes caught my eye. You can buy these without subscription.
This is the Harper’s Bazaar Spring/Summer 2018 box. It contains 11 items, with a collective worth of £224, for £50. Definitely on the price side for a beauty box, but worth it for the content.
It contains –
- Elemis Resurfacing Day Cream SPF 30 – 15ml MiniLovely rich moisturiser. Great for travel, because of the size and SPF 30 and PA+++ sun protection.
- Caudalie Concentrated Brightening Essence – 50ml MiniThis is my first experience using an essence and I’ve been seeing a difference! This contains Glycolic Acid, so very brightening and clarifying. I’m a convert and expected no less from Caudalie.
- Liz Earl Hot Cloth Cleanser and Muslin Cloth – 30ml MiniAbsolute cult classic and for good reason. It’s a deep cleansing, but non stripping, cleanser. Makes my skin feel fabulous.
- Fresh Vitamin Nectar Face Mask – 15 ml MiniThis smells incredible and fruity. Made my skin look poreless and glowing.
- Alpha H Liquid Gold 50ml – 50ml MiniAlready a firm favourite of mine. The best glycolic toner I’ve ever used. I’m running low of my full size, so this was a big incentive to buy this box for me.
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant – Full SizeI’ve already tried a sample of this exfoliator and really enjoyed it. It’s my go to for hormonal spot week because it contains Salicylic Acid.
- Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair – Full Size
Took a bit of Googling to figure out what this product actually is. It’s a cream that you apply to the hair, while wet, as a heat and styling protectant. I’m enjoying using it. It is very light so doesn’t weigh down my hair. Keeps my hair looking shiny and healthy. Also has a lovely fresh fragrance that lasts a few hours.
- Mac Fix Plus – Full Size
This was the main reason I purchased this box. I’ve never tried Mac Fix Plus and been meaning to try this for a while. After a few weeks of use, I can firmly say that this is my favourite setting spray.I had a minor surgical procedure that was meant to take 5 minutes, but took closer to an hour. It was distressing, so their was a lot of sweat and tears. I had a full face of makeup and by the time I got home, my makeup looked untouched. I’m not even exaggerating.
I think I’ll always have to buy this when I run out.
- Shavata Studio Complimentary Eyebrow Shape VoucherHave yet to try this, but excited to get a free treatment.
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder – Full SizeAnother product I’ve been meaning to try for a while. As a dry skinned human, the idea of most powders makes me panic. This makes any under eye concealer stay all day and not settle into any fine lines. I can even dust a bit of this onto the apples of my cheeks forehead, without it sucking any moisture from the look.
Unfortunately, I notice zero difference in brightness, which is really disappointing .
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara – Full Size
This is actually my least favourite of the Benefit mascaras, but still one I would reach for. This is replacing a sample of the same mascara that’s just started flaking on me. Again, it’s okay, just not my favourite.
So that’s it! A really good selection of high quality products from well known brands.
I’d like to give a major shout out to Latest in Beauty’s customer service. My box actually arrived with the Benefit Mascara. I messaged them on Instagram and they replied with an email for me to send all my order information. This was at about 9pm the same evening and they had one sent out to me before 10am the next day. I’m very impressed.
Although I will not be buying a subscription, I will be buying more of their collection boxes in the future as an occasional treat.
The Harper’s Bazaar box is no longer available to buy, as I left it a while to fully test the products, but they have some equally as good collection boxes available on their website.
Have you tried Latest in Beauty or any of the featured products? If so, tell me what you thought of them in the comments!