Thank you so much Ashley, writer of The Product Mom, for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. It’s really kind of you and I’m glad you enjoy my content. So please go and check out this lovely ladies blog and show her some love
Here are the rules if you are nominated:
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
– Write a post to show your award.
– Give a brief story of how your blog started.
– Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
– Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
– Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How/Why I started ThinLinerTherapy
ThinLinerTherapy first started over on Instagram. I was going through a very tough time in my life, living through Bipolar Disorder undiagnosed and unmedicated. It removed me from my family, friends and my degree. I mentioned to my counsellor that doing makeup made me feel a little bit of happiness as it helped me kickstart my day, even if I didn’t feel up for it. She encouraged me to set up my Instagram page to help me find a community and to give me a positive hobby.
Half a year later, I now have the blog and the youtube channel. Having these three things (along with some strong meds, a big move across the country and a lot of reality checks) have made me find the happiness, creativity and motivation in my life again. Being able to share this with my readers has been the best thing I have ever done for myself.
Advice to new bloggers:
1. Don’t blog for anyone but yourself. Do it because you love it. Don’t do it because you want perks – because they are hard to come by for so much work! This way blogging will never become a chore, because you’re doing it because you love it and want to do it.
2. Support the community. I was so shocked how many friends I’ve made through ThinLinerTherapy and it feels so good to cheer on the creativity of my followers and friends. Show some love and genuine support to those who you come across. Blogging is a shared hobby!
15 blogs (in no particular order) that I nominate for the Blogger Recognition Award are:
2. Lime & Lilac
10. WhiteWashWren – Please blog more, I love you ❤
Thanks again, Ashley! Can’t wait to read everyone else’s posts!
Laura a.k.a ThinLinerTherapy